Winedale is temporarily closed to the public.
|Mon. - Sun.||Temporarily Closed|
Parking is free for Museum visitors. Parking is located on-site.
Directions to Winedale
The Terry Student Center including the Meadows Foundation Education Center is ADA compliant. The dormitory at Winedale has an ADA compliant bedroom and bathroom. Winedale’s dining hall and adjacent restroom are ADA compliant. Two ADA parking spaces are located in front of the dining hall building and across from the Meadows Foundation Education Center. To request specific ADA accommodation, please contact Winedale.
Tours are by appointment for groups of 10 or more. To arrange a tour please call (979) 278-3530.
Exhibitions, Classrooms, and Public Spaces:
- Admission is free.
- All exhibitions are open to the public.
- All children under age 11 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Food and beverages including bottled water and gum are not allowed in the exhibits.
- Please be considerate of other visitors and silence cell phones and electronic devices while visiting the center.
- Only use pencil for sketching and taking notes at the center.
- Please do not touch the artifacts in the houses.
Personal Photography and Notice of Filming:
- Commercial entities must obtain permission from the Briscoe Center before taking photos of the property or houses.
- Please be aware that events and classes at Winedale may be photographed and/or filmed. Your attendance constitutes your authorization for the Winedale and/or the Briscoe Center to use your photograph, voice, or other likeness for purposes related to the mission of Winedale and/or the Briscoe Center, including but not limited to, marketing and promotion in both print and electronic forms.
- Collections relating to Winedale are accessible to registered academic and public researchers through the Reading Room at the Briscoe Center’s Research and Collections division located in Austin, Texas. Please visit the Briscoe’s Research page for information about how to register as a researcher
We are part of The University of Texas of Austin. While on the property:
- The University of Texas at Austin is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking is not allowed inside buildings, on walkways, sidewalks, or parking areas. For detailed information provided by The University of Texas at Austin please visit: https://tobaccofree.utexas.edu/.
- Campus Carry (S.B.11), individuals licensed to carry a concealed handgun must carry it on or about their person at all times. For detailed information provided by The University of Texas at Austin please visit: https://campuscarry.utexas.edu/.