The Briscoe-Garner Museum is temporarily closed to the public.
|Mon. - Sun.||Temporarily Closed|
On-site parking is free for museum visitors.
Directions to the Briscoe-Garner Museum
The Briscoe-Garner Museum is ADA compliant. There is an ADA compliant parking space located by the entry sidewalk. The museum has a ramp to enter the front of the building. An elevator is available to transport visitors to the second floor. There is an ADA compliant bathroom available on both levels of the museum. To request specific ADA accommodations, please contact the Briscoe-Garner Museum.
Galleries, Classrooms, and Public Spaces:
- Admission is free.
- All exhibitions are open to the public.
- All children under age 11 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Food and beverages, including bottled water and gum, are not allowed in the galleries.
- Please be considerate of other visitors and silence cell phones and electronic devices while visiting the Briscoe-Garner Museum.
Personal Photography and Notice of Filming:
- The use of flash photography, tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks are not permitted at any time. Photography for personal use is allowed unless posted otherwise.
- Patrons may request reproductions of collection materials by visiting our duplication services page.
- Please be aware that events and tours at the Briscoe-Garner Museum may be photographed and/or filmed. Your attendance constitutes your authorization for the center to use your photograph, voice, or other likeness for purposes related to the mission of the Briscoe-Garner Museum and/or the Briscoe Center, including but not limited to marketing and promotion in both print and electronic forms.
- Collections relating to John Nance Garner and Dolph Briscoe are accessible to registered academic and public researchers through the Reading Room at the Briscoe Center’s Research and Collections division located in Austin, Texas. Please visit our Research page for information about how to register as a researcher.
We are part of The University of Texas of Austin. While on campus:
- The University of Texas at Austin is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking is not allowed inside buildings, on walkways, sidewalks, or parking areas. For detailed information provided by The University of Texas at Austin please visit: https://tobaccofree.utexas.edu/.
- Campus Carry (S.B.11), individuals licensed to carry a concealed handgun must carry it on or about their person at all times. For detailed information provided by The University of Texas at Austin please visit: https://campuscarry.utexas.edu/.